August 25, 2021
Meet Hamburg at the gamescom 2021!
Gamecity Hamburg will represent Hamburg with a shared booth on the Indie Arena Booth Online, featuring five Indie Studios from Hamburg:
Via our “Road to gamescom 2021” program Tiny Roar, Mooneye Studios, OneManOnMars, Klickaffen and Radioactive Dreams have the opportunity to present their most recent games on the digital multiplayer exhibition platform Indie Arena Booth Online. Read more about the five featured games at Gamecity Hamburg’s booth below in this article.
The Indie Arena Booth Online is accessible to everyone from August 25, 10 pm (CEST) – no ticket needed: online.indiearenabooth.com
► Find the Gamecity Hamburg booth on the Indie Arena Booth: Go to “The Bubble Pool | The Lake” and follow the way up the stairs.
Independently from the Gamecity Hamburg booth you can also find ROCKFISH Games’ “Everspace 2” right before our booth. Also you can find Curvature Games from Hamburg on the third floor of the "Arcade Village" at the Indie Arena Booth Online.
Did you know? The Indie Arena Booth is planned and produced by Hamburg-based Super Crowd Entertainment – this year it features over 120 games by indie devs from all over the world.
More Hamburg at gamescom 2021 – look out for these streaming events featuring games or companies from Hamburg:
- Hamburg-based Rocket Beans TV teamed up with several partners and streamers for their “Gamevasion” streams from August 25, 3 pm (CEST) until August 27, midnight (CEST) they’ll broadcast Let’s Plays, Interviews and more – we’re especially excited for the “Hamburg vs. Spandau” battles. ► Stream (Twitch)
- Tiny Roar will present their freshly announced sci-fi-adventure “XEL” during the Gamevasion feature “Spotlight on Assemble” and give first insights into the gameplay | August 26, starting from 1:30 pm (CEST) ► Stream (Twitch)
- Klickaffen will let you peak behind their scenes, streaming live while building a new level for their game “Unbuild” on August 26, 9 pm (CEST) ► Stream (Twitch)
- Daniel “Budi” Budimann from Rocket Beans TV / game TWO will take a stroll around the Indie Arena Booth on August 27, 2 pm (CEST) ► Stream (Twitch)
- Hamburg-based publisher and studio Daedalic Entertainment is official gamescom 2021 partner and will present “Shadow Tactics: Aiko’s Choice” in the gamescom’s official streaming program on August 27, 5:30 pm (CEST) ► Stream (YouTube)
- Our colleague Anna from Gamecity Hamburg will be in the Indie Arena Booth’s streaming program together with roman from OneManOnMars on August 28, 7 pm (CEST) ► Stream (Twitch)
Did we forget anything in our list? Let us know!
The five Hamburg indies at the Gamecity-Booth 2021
Tiny Roar: world-premiere for previously unannounced project „XEL“
Founded in 2015 in Hamburg, Tiny Roar will give the first glimpses of their sci-fi action-adventure XEL at gamescom 2021. XEL is currently being developed with the support of German federal games funding and publisher Assemble Entertainment. The official announcement of the game is planned for August 24, and on August 25 Tiny Roar will be featured with their game in the Gamevasion streaming program at gamescom.
Following the success of its own indie adventure game Lost Ember, Hamburg-based studio Mooneye now uses its marketing know-how to help other developers reach the right audience for their games under Mooneye’s new publishing label “Mooneye Indies”. Their first publishing project Haven Park takes the player to a lovingly animated nature and camping park. It was developed by solo dev Fabien Weibel and was released on August 5.
OneManOnMars is the company of experienced game developer Roman Fuhrer, who is currently developing the hand-drawn 2D adventure "Leif's Adventure" as a solo dev. He went through Gamecity Hamburg's Games Lift Incubator program with the project in 2020 and is preparing to release the game in early 2022.
In 2020, three experienced game developers from Hamburg joined forces under the name Radioactive Dreams to develop a 2D platform game with novel game mechanics. The team received prototype funding through Gamecity Hamburg for their game Turbo Shell 2020. At gamescom 2021, they will show a playable demo of their project for the first time.
For 10 years already, freelance motion & interactive designer Matthias Mach has been producing games under the name Klickaffen for the "most personal gaming device ever", as he calls his favorite platform - the smartphone. At the gamescom, he presents his work to an international industry event audience for the first time and shows his mobile casual game "Unbuild".