November 10, 2020
Job Vacancy: We are looking for a working student (m/f/d)
The Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH is as of now looking for a working student (m/f/d) for the communications department for Gamecity Hamburg (16 hours per week)
Gamecity Hamburg is the location initiative for the Hamburg games industry. It is part of the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH and is financed by the City of Hamburg (Ministry of Culture and Media).
Hamburg is one of the leading locations for the games industry in Germany and Europe. The task of Gamecity Hamburg is to support the Games ecosystem in Hamburg with new programs, to provide visibility, to connect the involved entities, to maintain relevant intersections and to identify new issues. The initiative is also responsible for the new Hamburg Prototype Funding and the Games Lift Incubator.
In order to increase the visibility of Gamecity Hamburg's varied portfolio of services and to expand the (international) location marketing for the games metropolis Hamburg, we are now looking for a dedicated working student (m/f/d) to support our communications department.
- Building and expanding reach and engagement on our Gamecity media platforms Discord, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitch and YouTube
- Editorial support for our website, our newsletter and our social media outlets
- Creation of content in German and English in coordination with our team and agency partners
- Creation of graphics, presentations and other means of communication
- Support in the planning and implementation of targeted communication measures
- Placement of content in German and international media
- Support in the planning and implementation of targeted marketing campaigns
- Support in the planning and implementation of (online) events
- An appropriate university specialization in communication, media studies, journalism, games-related studies, or similar
- First successfully completed internships, ideally at communications agencies
- Practical knowledge of communication planning (conception, strategic orientation, implementation)
- Very good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Willingness to show a high level of personal commitment and readiness to participate in evening and, if necessary, weekend events
- Secure handling of social media platforms, image editing software, current IT client applications and web tools
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
- high level of creative freedom as part of a motivated team
- Diverse range of tasks
- Flat hierarchy structure
- Flexible working hours and home office
- The opportunity to actively shape the Hamburg games environment of tomorrow
- Cooperation with companies and interesting representatives of the games industry, startups, organizations, networking initiatives, public institutions and specialists in Hamburg
- New perspectives through the work with over 30 colleagues from the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft
You should be available to work for Gamecity for 16 hours per week.
A dedicated team is looking forward to your application in German or English exclusively by e-mail with all the usual documents, and the date you could begin working with us by November 30, 2020, 11:59 pm to:
Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH
Hongkongstr. 5 / 3. Boden
For further inquiries please contact Dennis Schoubye, project lead Gamecity Hamburg, at +49 40 879 79 86 – 27 / email@example.com.
Find the german job description on the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft: Stellenausschreibung Werkstudent (m/w/d)