Pitch Level Up 2023
You can choose up to three experts from our team of experts that will be available to you in 30-minute timeslots, listen to your pitch presentation in 10 minutes and give you individual feedback for 20 minutes. Get valuable, honest and constructive feedback from people who have seen hundreds of pitches – all in a “safe space”, without possibly spoiling any future chances.
If you’re not at the right point to optimize your pitch deck yet or want to put the waiting time between 1:1 feedback appointments to good use, you can profit from the additional talk program during the event: Five expert speakers will explain crucial steps, like how to find the right publisher, what information should be included in an elevator pitch, what conditions are important when signing a contract, and what Dos and Don’ts to keep in mind when communicating with a publisher. **Update** Find the Program here.
We're happy to invite you to this unique event on April 13! Our location partner for this event is the Hamburger Ding - Cross Community Space. A big thank you to Bytro for supporting this event as a sponsor.
Want to know more about what to expect? Read our recap of the first-ever Pitch Level Up event in 2022 here on our website.
How to participate:
Sign up for the Pitch Level Up on Eventbrite! All tickets include access to the event, talks, and snacks and drinks.
The ticket titled "Expert Session & Talks" also includes 1:1 feedback appointments on top, please buy your ticket accordingly if you want to participate in these sessions. After signing up, you will receive a link to a separate form where you can tell us more about the project you want to get feedback on and tell us your preferences regarding the experts you want to talk to and at what times you would prefer the appointments.
Please get your ticket via Eventbrite by April 10 and complete the subsequent form, if you want to participate in the 1:1 sessions, so we can match you to your experts.
If you're attending as a team, please make sure to buy a ticket for each team member and tell us in the signup form which team / project you are working on together, so we can group you up accordingly.
The event will be held in English, feedback sessions can be requested in German or English.
The game / project you want to receive feedback on has to be commercially oriented (i.e. you plan to release it and make money with it). This event is open to developers, teams and founders from Hamburg and beyond, you don't need to be from Hamburg / work on your game in Hamburg to participate.
Meet our experts:
- Mai-Vy Thach (Ubisoft)
- Christopher Kellner (astragon Entertainment)
- Kristin von der Wense (Daedalic Entertainment)
- Valentina Birke (Indie Arena Booth / Super Crowd Entertainment)
- Søren Lass (Business Development Consultant)
- Jörg Luibl (Games Journalist)
- Bastian Springer (IFB Innovationsstarter)
- Dennis Schoubye (Gamecity Hamburg)
- Margarete Schneider (Gamecity Hamburg)
- Cecilia Luna (Bytro)
- Dennis Briddigkeit (Curvature Games): "Unlocking Public Funding: A Guide To Financing Your Game Studio"
- Simon Ledder (DLR): "Überblick über die Computerspieleförderung des Bundes"
- Sören Lass (Business Development Consultant): "5 Questions about your Publishing Strategy"
- Christopher Kellner (astragon entertainment): "Pitch Perfect – What to consider when pitching to a Publisher"
- Amanda Förtsch (Gamecity Hamburg): "How Gamecity Hamburg can help you to fund your game"
- 10:45 am: Doors open
- 11:00 am: Begin of event
- 11:15 am: Welcome words
- from 11:30 am: Individual feedback sessions (for the 1:1 sessions, participants get an individual schedule based on the availability of experts they want to talk to)
- 11:40 am - 5:00 pm: Talks program
- 6:00 pm: End of event